Notes on an Aria
Submitted By: Aria Drake
On: 05-09-2016
Cay's Personal Notes
Submitted By: Cayenne Rudal
On: 11-07-2005
Last Reply: Cayenne Rudal
On: 04-06-2013
Miscah Margolin's Memoirs...Nah that's just too damn fancy.
Submitted By: Mischa Margolin
On: 11-04-2005
Last Reply: Mischa Margolin
On: 03-28-2013
Moff Aath's Private Journal
Submitted By: Moff Willem von Aath
On: 08-19-2007
Last Reply: Moff Willem von Aath
On: 03-01-2013
The Duke
Submitted By: Duke Jagreen Kane
On: 05-01-2010
More...

Kaena
Old 03-21-2011, 12:33 AM   #1
Kaena
Dantari, Wanderer, Alone, and Needs direction

Kaena is Offline:
Default Kaena

Name: Kaena (Kah-ee-Nah)
Birth year: 7 BBY
Species: Human/Dantari hybrid (near human)
Homeworld: Dantooine
Special training: Imperial Commando training and espionage, Jedi training
Weapon: Hand blasters, blaster rifles, and lightsabers

Height: 5'10”
Weight: 135 lbs.
Hair: Blond
Eyes: Blue
Handedness: Ambidextrious
Family: Birth Mother Kaden Futuri (Imperial intelligence analyst), Birth Father(unknown Dantari Shaman), Foster Mother Jaella Stargazer, and Foster Halcyon Stargazer
Marital: Single
Children: None

HISTORY: Kaena’s life is an interesting study in the dynamics of what makes a family. Born to Kaden Futuri on the Planet of Dantooine. Futuri was assigned to a detachment of Imperial forces that took over the abandoned Rebel base around 1 BBY, to decipher any intelligence left behind.

Kaden being a model intelligence officer took to her duties zealously. Her only vice was that she was taken by the sheer beauty of the planet. She frequently took long unaccompanied hikes far from the secured perimeter of the Imperial outpost. Her curiosity played to her capture by a rogue Kaminoan cloner and a Arkanian geneticist who had also captured several native Dantari for their own depraved experiments. Though she was searched for by her fellow Imperial officers that search was ended when they found her comlink and side arm atop a ravine that had river rapids at the bottom. It was assumed she fell into the ravine and pershied from the fall; her body swept down the river by the rapids.

During her captivity Kaden was subjected to numerous experiments and tortures. All culminating with her being artificially inseminated with an embryo that was modified from her DNA and that of the last surviving Dantari captive. Several days before she was to give birth to the child she escaped with the help of the Dantari Shaman Nadak. He gave his life to ensure her escape.

Alone and abandoned now on Dantooine, Kaden wandered for days before coming upon a man hunting not far from his home. This man, Halcyon Stargazer, quickly took Kaden to his home he shared with his Twi’lek wife , Jaella. That night Kaden died giving birth to Kaena, her final breath was her daughter’s name.

The Stargazers being unable to have children of their own raised Kaena as their own. Halcyon was a retired Imperial Commando who had left the Imperial Army shortly after first Death Star was destroyed. He had become disillusioned with the Empire he had fought for. He took his life savings and moved to Dantooine to live a simple life with his wife, who was a dancer at his favorite cantina on Coruscant.

Kaena was a very bright child picking things quickly. By the time she was five she spoke both Basic and Twi’lek fluently. Halcyon taught her many skills of his former trade at the constant dismay of his wife. By the time Kaena was fifteen she knew how to handle, fire, and field strip most hand blasters and blaster rifles, as well as several hand to hand combat styles. She also learned how to rig explosive charges and how to circumvent most security systems. From Jaella she learned to dance and make use of her blossoming beauty to her advantage. It was during her early training that Hal realized that Kaena was different and special. Not only was she exceedingly bright, picking most things taught to her quickly, Kaena‘s instincts were just on another level that his.

One day shortly after she turned sixteen she was helping Halcyon repair a power conduit on his prized YZ-900 named the Wandering Dancer; when she dropped a hydrospanner. Instinctively she reached out for it and stopped the tool from smacking Hal’s head. Halcyon knew immediately that his foster daughter was Force sensitive.

Halcyon had befriended and helped several Jedi in his military career before the dark times of the Jedi Purge. He had run across one of them who had exiled himself in a cave in the Fallen Mountains north of abandoned Jedi Temple on Dantoooine, Jediah Nerimandi. Jediah had lived in exile for so long that he had become something of a recluse. Though he heard tales of the Jedi Order growing again, he decided that he no longer would be of any use.

Jediah was skeptical about training Kaena due to the fact that he himself had not maintained his skills in the Force. Reluctantly he begins training her by being brash and demanding in hopes of dissuading the girl. Soon he finds that the girls determination and sheer thirst for knowledge make her a perfect candidate for being a Jedi. They spend the next five years in rigorous training in seclusion from her foster parents thought periodically he allowed her to spend a few days with them.

During this time Kaena was taught Jedi history, the philosophies of the Force, how to harness the Force, and how to heal using the Force. The last she seemed to have a natural aptitude for. She also learned several styles of lightsaber combat most notably Jar’kai seeing that the girl was naturally ambidextrous.

At the age of twenty-one Kaena was visited along with Jediah by Corran Horn, a Jedi Knight. He delivered the bad news that Kaena’s foster parents were slaughtered by a mercenary group looking to find whatever they could take to fund their insidious endeavors. Her foster parents were one of a dozen settlers to have fallen victim to the group. Corran had been dispatched from a neighboring system to investigate the problem. The request for Jedi assistance came from the Khoonta Outpost whose small militia was overtaxed by the problem. After several days Corran had deduced a pattern for the ambushes and raced toward the Starchylde home only to arrive to late. Jaella was slain and Halcyon lie close to death next to his wife. His final words to the Jedi knight were to save his daughter and he location of were she could be found. Halcyon died after Corran promised to take care of the man's daughter in peace knowing Jedi never go back on thier word.

The news shakes Kaena’s world and she is determined to find the mercenaries. Corran sensing the young woman conflicting emotions tried to talk her out of it, but her determination would not have it. He however talked Jediah to come along to better be able to handle Kaena if things got to out of hand. The trio followed the trail across Dantooine eventually finding and confronting the mercenary group in the old crystal caves not far from Khoonta outpost. Thought several of the mercenaries are slain; Kaena acquitted herself admirably when having defeated the leader of the mercenaries,but did not kill him. Choosing to let the Republic justice system to determine his fate.

Kaena and Jediah are asked to join the New Jedi Order. Jediah accepts but Kaena asks for time to mourn her foster parents before making a decision. She reclaims her Foster Father's ship that the mercenaries had taken and renamed it the Wandering Star. Kaena takes a commission to do supply runs for Khoonta giving her time to see a little of the galaxy and decide what course her life should take. Time will tell what she is to decide.

SHIP: Wandering Star
Manufacturer : Corellian Engineering Corporation
Product line : YZ series
Model : YZ-900
Class : Light freighter

Length : 54.5 meters
Armament:
• Double laser cannon turrets (2)
• Double laser cannons (2)
• Concussion missile launchers (2)
Crew: 8
Minimum crew: 2
Passengers: 14
Cargo capacity: 500 metric tons

Last edited by Kaena : 03-23-2011 at 06:55 PM.

Re: Kaena
Old 03-21-2011, 12:13 PM   #2
Samantha Koortyn
Administrator
Kätzchen!
This is not a game of who the frak are you.
Silence! I kill you!

Samantha Koortyn is Offline:
Send a message via AIM to Samantha Koortyn Send a message via MSN to Samantha Koortyn
Default Re: Kaena

Looks good, just one question, why did no one notice Kaden was missing? Nine months is a long time.

Old 03-21-2011, 06:41 PM   #3
Kaena

Kaena is Offline:

I must have left that out i'll fix it

Old 03-21-2011, 06:51 PM   #4
Kaena

Kaena is Offline:

inserted the missing intel

Old 03-22-2011, 01:14 PM   #5
Corran Antilles
I'm ADMIN-Man!
Alpha male, Force Balancer
Kitty!
I'm not Jeff Vader!
Lord Winterbringer

Corran Antilles is Offline:
Send a message via ICQ to Corran Antilles Send a message via AIM to Corran Antilles Send a message via MSN to Corran Antilles

The bio looks good, nevertheless I have some questions.

Why didn't her master join the new Jedi Order from the beginning, but waiting so many years? How did Corran Horn know about them, so that he contacted them with the news about her parents?

Then you have "Imperial Commando training and espionage" as special training. But she just had training by her foster father and was no member of an Imperial Commando, so you should re-phrase it.

Also: How did she get her ship? A freighter costs quite a lot of credits.

Be nice or I'll forcecast the weather.

Old 03-22-2011, 02:23 PM   #6
Han Antilles
Han "Danger" Antilles, PI
Oh holy crap...
I think I blew my foot off...

Han Antilles is Offline:
Send a message via AIM to Han Antilles

I like the bio as well, but I have the same questions Corran addressed earlier. She somehow needed to earn a living to purchase a ship.

Otherwise, looking good so far!

Old 03-22-2011, 08:38 PM   #7
Samantha Koortyn
Administrator
Kätzchen!
Silence! I kill you!

Send a message via AIM to Samantha Koortyn Send a message via MSN to Samantha Koortyn

If I read it right, her foster father was a Commando, it says she learned it from him. And I believe it was his ship she took when she left?

Old 03-22-2011, 11:31 PM   #8
Kaena

Kaena is Offline:

Correct, But I'll make that more clear. I will also make clear the reason Corran was on Dantooine.

Old 03-22-2011, 11:45 PM   #9
Kaena

Kaena is Offline:

Tried to make it more clear.

Old 03-23-2011, 12:14 PM   #10
Corran Antilles
I'm ADMIN-Man!
Kitty!
I'm not Jeff Vader!
Lord Winterbringer

Send a message via ICQ to Corran Antilles Send a message via AIM to Corran Antilles Send a message via MSN to Corran Antilles

It's still not clear to me, how Horn knew where to find them? Did he try to find all relatives to the dead people? Wouldn't that be the job of some police officers?

Old 03-23-2011, 06:57 PM   #11
Kaena

Kaena is Offline:

Sorry my rush to get RPing is overloading my patience. I added the asked for clarity.

Old 03-24-2011, 11:41 AM   #12
Corran Antilles
I'm ADMIN-Man!
Kitty!
I'm not Jeff Vader!
Lord Winterbringer

That's the right spirit.

And the bio looks fine to me now. Approved by me.

Old 03-24-2011, 11:31 PM   #13
Samantha Koortyn
Administrator
Kätzchen!
Silence! I kill you!

Me too :]

We'll have to change your userID to your character name, just a head's up. Welcome to the RP. :]

Old 03-28-2011, 02:57 PM   #14
Han Antilles
Han "Danger" Antilles, PI
Oh holy crap...
I think I blew my foot off...

Han Antilles is Offline:
Send a message via AIM to Han Antilles

Approved as well! Welcome to Epics officially and happy writing!