Notes on an Aria
Submitted By: Aria Drake
On: 05-09-2016
Cay's Personal Notes
Submitted By: Cayenne Rudal
On: 11-07-2005
Last Reply: Cayenne Rudal
On: 04-06-2013
Miscah Margolin's Memoirs...Nah that's just too damn fancy.
Submitted By: Mischa Margolin
On: 11-04-2005
Last Reply: Mischa Margolin
On: 03-28-2013
Moff Aath's Private Journal
Submitted By: Moff Willem von Aath
On: 08-19-2007
Last Reply: Moff Willem von Aath
On: 03-01-2013
The Duke
Submitted By: Duke Jagreen Kane
On: 05-01-2010
More...

Jelt
Old 07-12-2005, 01:42 PM   #1
Jelt
Panther, Han Hunter
aka Tyanni Ventyra
wheeeee, I have poetical pants

Jelt is Offline:
Default Jelt

Agent RA927

Name: Jelt
Alias: Panther
Generation: R
Code: Aetherfox-92
Species: Human
Born: 11 BBY
Force Sensitive: Yes
Height: 5' 6"
Weight: 115 lbs.
Hair: Black
Eyes: Black
Skin: Medium

Homeworld: none/raised on the Planet
Family: none
Marital Status: Single
Affiliation: none

Dress: Form-fitting black jumpsuit with utility belt, gloves, and boots. Her head, one eye, and half her face is encased in a silvery metal to give the false appearance of a cyborg. Her other eye is obscured by hair that falls over it. All apparell is heat/cold resistant.

Job description: Bounty Hunter/Assassin - She works for whom she wishes, but her fee is unique. Money only once in awhile, she works for information.

Physical: Organic enhancments have made her immune to extreme temperatures, as well as giving her the unique ability to survive without oxygen. These factors combined, she can survive in vacuum for limited amounts of time. She has naturally sharp ears and eyes, senses only enhanced by small chips imbedded behind the said organs. The appearance of a cyborg also gives her an excuse to use her Force training in situations when no other Force sensitives are present and not raise suspicions.

Special Training: An excellent sniper and sharpshooter. Skilled in flying almost any craft, and has an advanced knowledge of mechanics. Trained to use the Force as a tool. (She does not care for light or dark, and has no interest in the "deeper" aspects of the Force)

Weapons: Two sporting blasters and one sniper rifle. Two small vibroblades, one in each boot. One lightsaber, rarely used, always hidden. Blade glows white.

Base: When not working, Jelt resides in an abandoned heavy freighter that floats in deep space, impossible to find. By all outward appearances, it appears completely derelict, but inside houses enough docking space to keep three smaller freighters/fighters, as well as several living quarters and storage space. As it is simply drifting in space, the coordinates are not always correct, therefore it is equipped with a specialized homing signal. Though none of its systems work especially well, the life-support, emergency thrusters, and the shield systems can still be activated, though the life support is the only one on regularly.

Ship: The Graystar - Sleek and agile, the Graystar is very fast. Equipped with three deflector shield generators and a cloaking shield, as well as one ion cannon, two turbolaser batteries, and one missle launcher. Custom made for Jelt, it can be crewed by one person or two. About 28 meters long.

Scout Ship: The Silverstar - Inside Freighter Base also lies a small scout ship from the Planet. Primarily for emergency trips back to the Planet, the ship has no weapons and minimal shielding, every asset being focused on speed. Rarely used.

Personality

Anyone who meets Jelt and lives would describe her as emotionless. She appears to have no feelings whatsoever, unless they are anger and viscousness. In reality, she feels deeply, just as any other human. Some circumstances in her life have made her to be a little harder than some, but she is not blinded by any grudges.

An outcast from an early age, Jelt grew up bitter and angry against the people she lived with on the Planet. As they were her only experience, she had no thoughts that others might be otherwise. This instilled in her a distaste for authority and orders, which often got her in trouble as she grew older.

Dalve Karlike managed to penetrate her tough outer exterior and taught her that hope for other kinds of people was not a useless exercise. For a few years she cautiously began to open herself up, but with the sudden death of Dalve her emotional capabilities shut down completely, providing the grounding for her reputation as nothing more than a human-shaped killing machine. For years she simply existed, avoiding death out of instinct but still wishing for it so that she would be reunited with Dalve.

Her encounter with Boba Fett pulled her out of this stage, though she still maintained the hard exterior for her reputation's sake. Now she is prone to near-breakdowns when confronted with situations that even partially resemble the events through which she lost Dalve. So far she has managed to control them, though they disturb her greatly. As she begins to see how much her actions affect the lives of others for worse, she begins to question her life as an assassin.

History

No one--including Jelt--knows where she was born. She was taken from known space at a few weeks old and brought to the Planet, where she spent the first months of her life in a lab, receiving many different kinds of chemicals into her body, thus giving her the unique physique of her skin and lungs. She was trained from a young age by her "People," a group of individuals including several Force sensitives, led by one with extraordinary forsight, a gift they pass on as they die. Because of what they have seen in the future, they do not ally themselves with anyone, but remain in hiding, serving their own ends--for a while. For years they have lain hidden in the Unknown Regions, concentrating on building their technology and their knowledge. Because of this, they became more advanced than any other humans or other species, and their database is the largest and most complete in the galaxy. But even yet they do not have it all. That is Jelt's purpose, to gather information.

The future the People have seen, is the Yuzzhan Vong invasion, and so they concentrate on preparing for it, gathering non-Force-sensitives to themselves and creating a community entirely devoted to information and technology. They ignore the rest of the Galaxy, and through the generations come dislike all contact with the "Outside." The only contact they had was through the various information gatherers, such as Jelt, who were sent out, but eventually became more and more dissconnected with the Planet and the People.

Jelt began her life having already earned the dislike of many, because of her dark complexion and tendencies. The older Sinows were hesitant to train her, but were eventually won over by Sinow Ramon, her later mentor. Still feelings of rejection pushed her away from other people until almost no one could come near her emotionally. Finally a fellow trainie, Dalve Karlike, was able to pierce the veil around her and show her that not all people disliked her for what she was. At last she was given her assignment, and then something happened that changed the way she viewed not only her new life. The ship that was taking her to assigned base was attacked by pirates, and though she escaped, Dalve gave his life protecting her. At last she came to understand how it was possible that not all people in the universe were stubborn and selfish.

Jelt finally made it to Freighter Base, the old ship floating in deep space. For five years she carried out her job, though not once did she return to the Planet, instead passing her information along to couriers. During this time she took a job from Darth Sythis which involved capturing a Force sensitive alive and bringing him to the Sith's fortress on Vjun. Jelt carried this operation out spectacularly, prompting the Sith Lord to make further requests of her, one of which was to keep an eye out for any other Force sensitives that might fit what he needed.

In 14 ABY her life was saved by Boba Fett, and they formed a shaky relationship based on whichever bounties one found out about first. Fett also used Jelt's base and vast library on occassion. They eventually became friends, more than two beings simply coexisting, though they saw each other less as Jelt's reputation grew. Her name finally began to command respect and fear when she took a bounty no one else would: the price on the heads of three powerful Hutts. It was said that she beat the legendary Boba Fett to it, though in reality they worked together and shared the credits. This took place when she was twenty five years old.

One year later, she had her first encounter with another trained Force-sensitive, non other than Kyp Durron. After a chase off Nal Hutta, they faced off on Nar Shadda. Jelt escaped with her identity intact (because she had been disguised as a civilian at the time of the fight) and made it back to Freighter Base with the help of Fett.

Pursuing information on Dathomir, Jelt encountered the Force witch Themyscira. When she showed a desire to learn more about the world off of her planet, Jelt offered to take her to a place where she could learn much more about the Force than she ever could remaining where she was. Recalling Darth Sythis' offer years earlier, Jelt brought Themyscira to Vjun, where she was accepted into the Sith. Before she received payment, however, Sythis asked Jelt to assist him in a matter concerning a renegade member of his order, one who had gone back to the New Republic with information concerning the Sith, including their location.

Currently Jelt is working undercover in the NR's Rogue Squadron, posing as the heiress Tyanni Ventyra. However as events draw to a head, her life, identity, and emotions hang by a thread as she sets a trap for the NR fleet just as the pirates set for her own ship seven years earlier.

Aliases Used

Panther • Assigned Alias, used seldomly since departure from the Planet.

Jeslyn Tekk • Coruscanti, bodyguard, skilled with weaponry. To the point and loyal. Used at several intervals from 12 ABY to 14 ABY.

Terren Guire • Corellian, wealthy aristocrat, accustomed to dealing with information. Unscrupulous and harsh, knowledgable about underworld. Used at several intervals from 14 ABY to 15 ABY.

Tyanni Ventyra (avatar Eva Green) • Tyanni was born Tyanni Allaedrias Yvallen Ventyra on the planet Teyr in 9 BBY to a wealthy family who gained their status through technological industry. She was raised in Sodonna and on the family estate in the country, and rarely traveled off Teyr. She only visited Coruscant once, as a small child. Her grandfather, Tyruis Ventyra, is the founder and owner of Ventyra Industries; he lives on Aleron in the Tapani Sector, and this is where the company is headquartered. He last saw his granddaughter when she was a young teenager. Tyanni was the eldest of five grandchildren, and as such was the primary heiress to the vast Ventyra fortune. This status placed her in the limelight of the social scene on Teyr and she was a small presence in the tabloids of the Colonies and Core Systems, though exposure was limited by her minimal amount of travel off planet. In 17 ABY she agreed to join Rogue Squadron as part of an agreement to settle a dispute between Ventyra Industries, the governments of Coruscant and Aleron, and several environmental and pacifist groups. She was killed en route to the assignment by Jelt, who assumed her identity.

Tyanni was a person accustomed to wealth and plenty, and as such tended to expect much and look down slightly on those who did not agree with her as to what she deserved. Despite this she was generally a pleasant person with impeccable manners and always did her best to be kind to those less fortunate than she. She readily admitted when she did not know something and was quick to remedy any lack of knowledge. She enjoyed many hobbies, among them flying, and she became a excellent pilot while still young, and was claimed a natural by her associates. It was for this reason that she was assigned the Rogue Squadron position rather than one of her cousins. She was generally soft-spoken, but would become more assertive if she encountered something she considered unfair or inaccurate.

Jelt has retained most of her characteristics and while she does not resemble her exactly, the illusion is convincing due to a skilled use of synthflesh and makeup. Her voice and accent are near exact matches, and her knowledge of Tyanni's past is extensive. The only thing that differs to any great extent is her skill as a pilot and some general mannerisms, which Jelt has had to guess on due to the fact that these are things that must be observed over time to duplicate properly. Jelt is also two years older than Tyanni.

Timeline

11 BBY • Jelt is born in an unknown location, to unknown parents. She is taken to the Planet.
5 ABY • Dalve Karlike befriends Jelt, despite her resistance.
9 ABY • Last voyage of the Aetherfox. Dalve is killed. Jelt arrives at Freighter Base.
12 ABY • Jelt takes a job from Darth Sythis.
14 ABY • Jelt's life is saved by Boba Fett. They form a loose partnership in which they share information.
16 ABY • Jelt finds Themyscira and takes her to Darth Sythis. He assigns her to Corran Antilles. She infiltrates Rogue Sqadron under the persona of the heiress Tyanni Ventyra.

Histories
Times of the Winds
Times of the Flames
Culture Clash: Drama on Dathomir
The Return of the Sith
Rebuilding the Rogues
Rogue Squadron: Vjun - Heart of Darkness

Last edited by Jelt : 03-17-2013 at 11:29 PM. Reason: Added Tyanni's Bio

Jelt
Old 07-12-2005, 01:49 PM   #2
Samantha Koortyn
Administrator
Kätzchen!
This is not a game of who the frak are you.
Silence! I kill you!

Samantha Koortyn is Offline:
Send a message via AIM to Samantha Koortyn Send a message via MSN to Samantha Koortyn
Default Jelt

Welcome to the board. I'd like to know more about her implants, especially the one that lets her survive without oxygen. How did she acquire all of these?

Also, how does she mask herself? The only way I know of to do that, also cuts the person herself off from the Force.

Old 07-12-2005, 02:07 PM   #3
Corran Antilles
I'm ADMIN-Man!
Alpha male, Force Balancer
Kitty!
I'm not Jeff Vader!
Lord Winterbringer

Corran Antilles is Offline:
Send a message via ICQ to Corran Antilles Send a message via AIM to Corran Antilles Send a message via MSN to Corran Antilles

Hello and welcome from me too.

Yeah, that's a ton of implants. No cybernetic psychosis at all?

I would also like to know where she got a cloaking device? They are not common and just available for military.

Jelt
Old 07-12-2005, 04:01 PM   #4
Jelt
Panther, Han Hunter
aka Tyanni Ventyra

Jelt is Offline:
Default Jelt

Implants: Most of her implants are not implants at all, and are only there to give any adversaries the wrong idea, such as thinking they can disable her through means of technolgy. Her few mechanical implants include small chips that expand her hearing and sight.

All other abnormalties were accquired through organic additions. Her People have had much time to develop this field because of their uninvolvement in galactic politics. disputes, and wars. In time they began to breed various enhancments into the later generations. Jelt's lungs have been replaced by oxygen manufacturing and recyclling air sacs, giving her the ability to survive for days on her internal breathing. She does need to breath however, if only once a week. Similarly her skin has been altered to allow the toleration of extreme temperatures through an improved molecular structure.

Cloaking Shield: As I mentioned earlier, her People have had centuries to develop their own devices. This shield is their own invention, and they do not use it outside their own ships.

Force-mask: She does not completely make herself "invisible" in the Force, she simply recreates the sense of other non-Force sensitive humans and spreads it around herself. This makes her seem to be three or four non-sensitive beings instead of one sensitive one. The goal is further accomplished by the fact that she doesn't use the Force very much, relying instead on her intuition and her physical abilities.

Old 07-13-2005, 08:53 AM   #5
Corran Antilles
I'm ADMIN-Man!
Kitty!
I'm not Jeff Vader!
Lord Winterbringer

Send a message via ICQ to Corran Antilles Send a message via AIM to Corran Antilles Send a message via MSN to Corran Antilles

I have a problem with an unknown folk, that seems to have a every possible technology and are force-sensitive in addition. That's a little too powerful in my opinion.

Jelt
Old 07-13-2005, 09:13 AM   #6
Samantha Koortyn
Administrator
Kätzchen!
Silence! I kill you!

Send a message via AIM to Samantha Koortyn Send a message via MSN to Samantha Koortyn
Default Jelt

Yes, usually isolated societies tend to stagnate without outside contact, not the other way around. This is a little too close to creating your own alien species, which isn't allowed here.

Jelt
Old 07-13-2005, 01:47 PM   #7
Jelt
Panther, Han Hunter
aka Tyanni Ventyra

Jelt is Offline:
Default Jelt

Ok. Is there any way I could alter my character to better fit your specifications? I do have a history story line that might be useful... If not i understand.

The character actually comes from a several book fanfic I did a while back, and she is actually a sxtragalactic species posing as a human. I toned it down so that she came from a group of humans, with the technology to give her what came naturally to her species in the fanfic. I also attempted to tone down their obvious power by giving them no interest in galactic affairs, and no interest in power and money, only knowledge. The future they have seen is the Yuzzhan Vong attack and so they have spent a long time getting ready to counter it. Of course, they are not willing to reveal themselves to the New Republic, and therefore aren't very effective. They finally die out, leaving a legend of the Unknown Regions. The point is that I took my own aliens and storyline, and turned them into humans, and fitted them into this timeline. If it doesn't fit well, thats fine.

Again, I do have a brief storyline if you would like to see it.

Jelt
Old 07-13-2005, 01:51 PM   #8
Samantha Koortyn
Administrator
Kätzchen!
Silence! I kill you!

Default Jelt

That makes most sense now. I would suggest just toning down the technological/biological superiority a little more.

Also, if the people remain hidden and won't contact the New Republic, how is it that she has a lightsaber, knows how to make one, or even bothers to use one?

Jelt
Old 07-13-2005, 02:33 PM   #9
Jelt
Panther, Han Hunter
aka Tyanni Ventyra

Jelt is Offline:
Default Jelt

Like I said, they're primary love is information. Their have some contact in the form of "undercover agents" (for lack of a better term) such as jelt, who gather information. So they would have the information necessary to build and use a lightsaber. Needless to say, they do not see them in the same light as the Jedi, they simply use them as tools and shields, they have no symbolism of status. They are very good at cutting through stubborn walls, and they're much quieter than explosives. And very handy in a tight spot. But they don't like to draw attention to themselves, so they only use them rarely.

I would also like to mention that the People would be mentioned hardly at all as I played Jelt. They are only mentioned as part of her history and who she works for, and it also explains why she works for information, not money.

Old 07-13-2005, 05:40 PM   #10
Corran Antilles
I'm ADMIN-Man!
Kitty!
I'm not Jeff Vader!
Lord Winterbringer

But how can a whole folk of force-sensitive people stay hidden? As soon as they use the Force somebody will sense it. Especially when they sent their "agents" to the area of space that belonged to the Empire?

Jelt
Old 07-13-2005, 06:18 PM   #11
Jelt
Panther, Han Hunter
aka Tyanni Ventyra

Jelt is Offline:
Default Jelt

I'm sorry for not being clearer. Not all of of them are Force-sensitive, only the leadership and a few others. They remain hidden because their base, the Planet, is deep in the Unknown Regions and they rarely use the Force at all, except in seeing the future once in a while. The agents tend to not use the Force at all unless sensing danger. They rely instead on weapons such as the sniper rifle, and blasters, as well as their combat training and fast ships. The majority of the agents, including several that may be undercover in the military or government, aren't Force-sensitive at all and rely on tips from the few Force-sensitive ones when needed.

Old 07-13-2005, 06:29 PM   #12
Corran Antilles
I'm ADMIN-Man!
Kitty!
I'm not Jeff Vader!
Lord Winterbringer

Okay then for me, as long as you will not have a ton of high tec "gimmicks" from your faraway home on board suddenly and even with me having always problems with characters who are full of cybernetic or biogineeric stuff. This is SW after all and I don't like too much influences out of other SciFi stories. These tons of cybertech looks to me always like from an anime, even when Vader had also cybernetic parts. But after all he's "the chosen" one. And it's not that common to replace fine working parts, because it's too expensive and even can cause heavily problems.

Jelt
Old 07-13-2005, 09:58 PM   #13
Samantha Koortyn
Administrator
Kätzchen!
Silence! I kill you!

Default Jelt

It's fine for me too with Corran's points added.

Jelt
Old 07-13-2005, 11:15 PM   #14
Jelt
Panther, Han Hunter
aka Tyanni Ventyra

Jelt is Offline:
Default Jelt

Ok. So now I should post in the Into the Past forum?

Old 07-14-2005, 07:58 AM   #15
Corran Antilles
I'm ADMIN-Man!
Kitty!
I'm not Jeff Vader!
Lord Winterbringer

You just need an okay of out third admin. Han?

Jelt
Old 07-14-2005, 01:02 PM   #16
Han Antilles
Han "Danger" Antilles, PI
Oh holy crap...
I think I blew my foot off...

Han Antilles is Offline:
Send a message via AIM to Han Antilles
Default Jelt

With the explanations given, I no longer have a problem with this bio as long as the character doesn't use her enhancements to godmode over other writers.

You can now post in the Into the Past forum. Welcome aboard!

Jelt
Old 07-14-2005, 01:07 PM   #17
Samantha Koortyn
Administrator
Kätzchen!
Silence! I kill you!

Default Jelt

Alrighty, good then :]

Old 07-17-2005, 04:48 PM   #18
Samantha Koortyn
Administrator
Kätzchen!
Silence! I kill you!

Your history posts look good to me, nice writing. Corran, Han?

Old 07-17-2005, 05:29 PM   #19
Corran Antilles
I'm ADMIN-Man!
Kitty!
I'm not Jeff Vader!
Lord Winterbringer

Looks fine to me too.

Jelt
Old 07-18-2005, 01:08 PM   #20
Han Antilles
Han "Danger" Antilles, PI
Oh holy crap...
I think I blew my foot off...

Han Antilles is Offline:
Send a message via AIM to Han Antilles
Default Jelt

Agreed. Good read there.

Welcome aboard.