Flyboy & Smuggler Wisdom

Posted
Rating:
Guest user

Flyboy & Smuggler Wisdom

I'm not stressed, I'm just terribly, terribly alert.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user

Flyboy & Smuggler Wisdom

When the smoke clears, and the dead are buried, all you will have done to us is pissed us off.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
I'm ADMIN-Man!<br>Alpha male, Force Balancer<br>Kitty!<br>I'm not Jeff Vader!<br><i>Lord Winterbringer</i>
Corran Antilles is in the usergroup ‘Administrators’

Flyboy & Smuggler Wisdom

It has yet to be proven that intelligence has any survival value.
Arthur C. Clarke

Be nice or I'll forcecast the weather.
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
I'm ADMIN-Man!<br>Alpha male, Force Balancer<br>Kitty!<br>I'm not Jeff Vader!<br><i>Lord Winterbringer</i>

Flyboy & Smuggler Wisdom

But I have seen the science I worshipped and the aircraft I loved destroying the civilization I expected them to serve.
Charles Lindbergh

Posted
Rating:

Flyboy & Smuggler Wisdom

The trouble with the rat race is that even if you win, you're still a rat.
Lily Tomlin

Posted
Rating:

Flyboy & Smuggler Wisdom

In crises the most daring course is often safest.
Henry A. Kissinger

Posted
Rating:

Flyboy & Smuggler Wisdom

Never mind what others do; do better than yourself, beat your own record from day to day, and you are a success.

William J.H. Boetcker

Posted
Rating:

Flyboy & Smuggler Wisdom

I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty or give me death.  

Patrick Henry

Posted
Rating:

Flyboy & Smuggler Wisdom

If love is blind, why is lingerie so popular?

A Freudian slip is when you mean one thing and say your mother.

If God wanted us to be brave, why did he give us legs?

Don't hate yourself in the morning–sleep 'till noon.

Money talks…but all mine ever says is good-bye

Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and the world laughs louder.

Flies spread disease - keep yours zipped.

I know Kung Fu, Karate, and 47 other dangerous words

A bird in the hand will probably shit on your wrist

Love thine enemies…it really pisses them off.

You have a beautiful body. Will you hold that against me?

A narcissist is someone better-looking than you are

Posted
Rating:
Guest user

Flyboy & Smuggler Wisdom

"Nice people don't get rich. They get nice eulogies in the paper. Criminals get rich but nobody cares if they die. So what do you prefer? Being honoured when your alive, or being honoured when your dead?"

-Noryl Navagian-
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Guest user

Flyboy & Smuggler Wisdom

"Alright I tell you what kid.  You can take the pilot's seat.  But remember, for each scrath this baby gets goes one of your limbs."

-Noryl Navagian-
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Flyboy & Smuggler Wisdom

Pull the string, and it will follow wherever you wish. Push it, and it will go nowhere at all.

Dwight D. Eisenhower

A boss creates fear, a leader confidence. A boss fixes blame, a leader corrects mistakes. A boss knows all, a leader asks questions. A boss makes work drudgery, a leader makes it interesting. A boss is interested in himself or herself, a leader is interested in the group.

Russell H. Ewing

The leader seeks to communicate his vision to his followers. He captures their attention with his optimistic intuition of possible solutions to their needs. He influences them by the dynamism of his faith. He demonstrates confidence that the challenge can be met, the need resolved, the crisis overcome.

John Haggai

Ethics must begin at the top of an organization. It is a leadership issue and the chief executive must set the example.

Edward Hennessy

There is great force hidden in a gentle command.

George Herbert

Posted
Rating:

Flyboy & Smuggler Wisdom

Part 2

Leaders aren't born, they are made. And they are made just like anything else, through hard work. And that's the price we'll have to pay to achieve that goal, or any goal.

Vince Lombardi

There is nothing more difficult to take in hand, more perilous to conduct, or more uncertain in its success than to take the lead in the introduction of a new order of things.

Niccolo Machiavelli

A leader is one who knows the way, goes the way and shows the way.

John C. Maxwell

Show me the leader and I will know his men. Show me the men and I will know their leader.

Arthur W. Newcomb

Posted
Rating:
Schnappi schnappt<br>That's not a knife.<br>Yesterday my house was clean...<br>I'm really glad I finished eating. Or there would be crumbs everywhere. Snerk.

Flyboy & Smuggler Wisdom

When all else fails, trust dumb luck. Because have you ever heard of intelligent luck getting people out of trouble?
<!--EZCODE ITALIC START--> Me, though someone, somewhere has probably said it before or something similar.<!--EZCODE ITALIC END-->

Some people say they would rather die than speak in front of people.
So this means, that if they were at a funeral, they'd rather be in the coffin than giving the eulogy.
<!--EZCODE ITALIC START--> Seinfeld, I think.<!--EZCODE ITALIC END-->

"Everyone has their weaknesses. For some, it's custard tarts, for others, it's a tart named Custard."
<!--EZCODE ITALIC START--> College Lecturer<!--EZCODE ITALIC END-->

Damn, my classes are fun.

Posted
Rating:
Schnappi schnappt<br>That's not a knife.<br>Yesterday my house was clean...<br>I'm really glad I finished eating. Or there would be crumbs everywhere. Snerk.

Flyboy & Smuggler Wisdom

All's fair in love, war, and smuggling.

Posted
Rating:

Flyboy & Smuggler Wisdom

What IS love? Forget the 18th century poets. Forget the New Age gurus. Ask kids. They have it all figured out. RinkWorks.com has assembled an hilarious tribute to love and marriage–as told by children ages 5 to 10. Read these and laugh. And then find the wisdom in these nuggets!

Finding the right person
"My mother says to look for a man who is kind. That's what I'll do. I'll find somebody who's kinda tall and handsome."
– Carolyn, age 8
"Love will find you, even if you are trying to hide from it. I been trying to hide from it since I was five, but the girls keep finding me."
– Dave, age 8
"It isn't always how you look. Look at me. I'm handsome like anything, and I haven't got anybody to marry me yet."
– Brian, age 7
"One of the people has freckles, and so he finds somebody else who has freckles
too."
– Andrew, age 6

The first date
"On the first date, they just tell each other lies, and that usually gets them interested enough to go for a second date." – Mike, 10
"See if the man picks up the check. That's how you can tell if he's in love." – John, age 9
 The first kiss
"When a person gets kissed for the first time, they fall down, and they don't get up for at least an hour." – Wendy, age 8
"If it's your mother, you can kiss her anytime. But if it's a new person, you have to ask permission." – Roger, age 6
"It's never okay to kiss a boy. They always slobber all over you. That's why I stopped doing it." – Tammy, age 10
"I know one reason kissing was created. It makes you feel warm all over, and they didn't always have electric heat or fireplaces or even stoves in their houses." – Gina, age 8
"Never kiss in front of other people. It's a big embarrassing thing if anybody sees you. But if nobody sees you, I might be willing to try it with a handsome boy, but just for a few hours." – Kally, age 9

It's academic
"If falling in love is anything like learning how to spell, I don't want to do it. It takes too long." – Glenn, age 7
"Once I'm done with kindergarten, I'm going to find me a wife." – Tom, age 5
"I'm not rushing into being in love. I'm finding fourth grade hard enough." – Regina, age 10

Watch out! Love can be painful
"Love is like an avalanche where you have to run for your life." – John, age 9
"I think you're supposed to get shot with an arrow or something, but the rest of it isn't supposed to be so painful." – Manuel, age 8
"It gives me a headache to think about that stuff. I'm just a kid. I don't need that kind of trouble." – Kenny, age 7
"A man and a woman promise to go through sickness and illness and diseases together." – Marlon, age 10

No time for lovin'
"Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good too."
– Greg, age 8
"I'm in favor of love as long as it doesn't happen when 'Dinosaurs' is on television."
– Jill, age 6

Reality bites
"One of you should know how to write a check. Because, even if you have tons of love, there is still going to be a lot of bills."
– Ava, age 8
"When somebody's been dating for a while, the boy might propose to the girl. He says to her, 'I'll take you for a whole life, or at least until we have kids and get divorced.'" – Anita, 9
"You should never kiss a girl unless you have enough bucks to buy her a big ring and her own VCR, 'cause she'll want to have videos of the wedding." – Jim, age 10

Ouch!
"Most men are brainless, so you might have to try more than once to find a live one."
– Angie, age 10
"Beauty is skin deep. But how rich you are can last a long time." – Christine, age 9

Flattery will get you everywhere!
"Tell your wife that she looks pretty even if she looks like a truck!" – Ricky, age 7
"Don't forget your wife's name. That will mess up the love." – Erin, age 8
"Be a good kisser. It might make your wife forget that you never take out the trash."
– Erin, age 8

Love and food
"It's love if they order one of those desserts that are on fire. They like to order those because it's just like how their hearts are–on fire." – Christine, age 9
"Many daters just eat pork chops and french fries and talk about love." – Craig, age 9
"Lovers will just be staring at each other and their food will get cold. Other people care more about the food." – Brad, age 8
"One way is to take the girl out to eat. Make sure it's something she likes to eat. French fries usually works for me." – Bart, age 9

Ah, the eternal optimist
"Love is foolish…but I still might try it sometime." – Floyd, age 9
"You learn [how to kiss] right on the spot when the gooshy feelings get the best of you." – Doug, age 7

Posted
Rating:

Flyboy & Smuggler Wisdom

But whatever you do, don't call her princess.

Posted
Rating:

Flyboy & Smuggler Wisdom

I don't agree with a word you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.  
Voltaire

Posted
Rating:
Administrator
Samantha Koortyn is in the usergroup ‘Administrators’

Flyboy & Smuggler Wisdom

"We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful what we pretend to be."

Kurt Vonnegut

Posted
Rating:
Guest user

Flyboy & Smuggler Wisdom

"It's better to watch, than to do." - Homer Simpson
Back to the top
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.